The MGMS Lapidary School is located just a few miles south of the capitol city of Jackson at 176 Tazan Avenue, Florence, Mississippi. Although the address is Florence, it is located in a residential area just south of Richland.
*** Please note that GPS frequently provides incorrect directions to the Lapidary School.
Directions from Cleary Road:
It doesn’t matter if you are traveling Highway 49 from the north or the south – look for the Texaco Station in south Richland and turn west onto Cleary Road.
- Turn west at the Texaco Station onto Cleary Road.
- Go .4 miles to the street past the cemetery (Marie Drive) and turn left.
- Turn right at the next street (Tazan Avenue).
- Travel .4 miles to the School located on the right side of the road at 176 Tazan. The School is the only industrial type building on this street. There is no sign, so please note the street address.
If you’re coming from the north:
- I-20 eastbound – take Exit 47A for Highway 49 South
- I-20 westbound – take Exit 47 for Highway 49 South
On 49 South, travel through Richland through the intersection of Scarborough Street (with McDonald’s on the left and Walgreens on the right). The next signal light (.5 miles) will mark Cleary Road (Texaco Station on the right). See above directions to finish your trip.
If you’re coming from the south:
Stay on Highway 49 through the signal light in Florence. You will drive 4 miles to the next signal light (near Richland) with the Texaco station landmark on your left. See above directions to finish your trip.